Monday, August 25, 2008

We Did It!

Tyler has been talking non-stop about hiking Timpanogos Mtn this summer (well he actually wanted to backpack up and stay the night). So Saturday, we arrived at the American Fork Canyon side at 7:00 in the MORNING. When we arrived the park rangers said the parking lot had been full since 3:30 in the morning from hikers wanting to hike up in time for the sunrise. So we had to park a ways and hike to the trail to hike!

We hiked all day up to the very top. We stopped at Emerald Lake and "the saddle" of the top. Then at 2:00 in the afternoon we arrived at the summit where you can see the whole valley. On one side is Utah Lake and Utah Valley, on the other side you could see Deer Creek and Heber. It was amazing, incredible and beautiful and I will not be doing it again for a LOOOOOOOONG time. It was amazing that we conquered the mtn and I did not think I had it in me. We did not stay the night, but we did not get to our car until 7:00 at NIGHT! Twelve hours of hiking is enough to hold me over for a bit. It was worth it but I have to wear flip-flops to work this week because of the blisters on my toes, and Ty has been icing his knee for the past day and a half but we lived to tell about it. (Oh but no pics, our camera was not charged enough, here is a pic taken from the internet (borrowed not stolen per se)

4 comments:

Rachel and Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you. I could never do that. Well maybe I could but it would be miserable for everyone because I am sure I would be complaining the whole time.

. said...

Way to go you guys that is awesome! Hey Angela, thanks for inviting us to go to the pool with you the girls had a blast. Millissa

Mom Johnson said...

I'm proud of you both!
Mom

M Occasionally B said...

That's a pretty big accomplishment! way to go! thanks again for coming to my shower. it was really good to see you. check out my page for cupcake shots!